Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Field is White and CTR

I was talking to a friend of mine commiserating about men we had a dates with, but who are "Playing the Field". I came up with this from Sec 4 of the Doctrine and Covenants.

Behold, the field is white, already to harvest, and Lo, He that thrustest in his cycle with his might will have to buy lots of dinners and will inadvertently disappoint many women when they don't call back.

In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we teach our children very young to "choose the right". We give them rings to remember to act like the Savior would have them act. I have a gold one that I've been wearing since I was 19. Sometimes we also like to make up other things that mean CTR. Here are a few.

Chase the Rich (Steve Elder)
Current Temple Recommend. (My brother Karl)
Circumcise the Russians (me, during the cold war)
Can't trust Rob (specifically for Shelly)

No comments: