Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Cinquain

The teacher of the 2nd grade classroom I work does read-a-loud's of chapter books about every other day.  She's been reading Junie B, First Grader: Cheater Pants, right now. If you have not read any Junie B. Jones books you are missing out.  Seriously! They are so funny and the adults get the humor so much better than the kids do.

In this book, after the cheating episode the teacher, Mr. Scary has the kids get in groups and write a poem called a Cinquain.  I don't remember hearing about this kind of poem, but I may have and just don't remember.  It's one of those pattern poems. I borrowed the book so I could get down the how to and then I wrote one. 

It's in 5 lines:
1. one word (title) 
2. 2 words that describe the title
3. 3 action words about the title 
4. 4 words that express a thought or feeling about the title. 
5. one word that means the same thing as the title. 

As you can imagine I wrote it about my favorite things: Dogs.  So here goes my master piece:

Dog
funny, furry
running, licking, fetching
each one is different
Canine

I know you probably think it's brilliant.  I agree.  
Here is a picture of 2 of my favorite things. 

Parker and Coco in the back of my car on a trip home.

No comments: