Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Figured it Out

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been attending a "divorce support" group. Well, it's a little different than what a true one probably is. This Nazarene church uses programs- christian videos and such. I went through "divorce recovery", which was 6 weeks. Today started "divorce care". No one but the instructor (I think she's paid) knows I'm LDS and not because I told her. Tonight I paid 8 dollars for a work book. I looked through it while the video was on and it's alright. I have been fluctuating about this class, should I go or bag it. The people are good, and what they are saying is good, but..... I couldn't put my finger on it before, but tonight afterwords in thinking about it I figured it out.

What they are teaching I've been getting every Sunday for my whole life. How to handle problems and a support system for doing so is already in place. I go to church for 3 hours, study the scriptures there where we all participate and think, not just listen to some one else expound. We are encouraged to read scriptures ourselves, to VT, to .... the list goes on. Think of it- what the prophets say, what the books say in RS, in Gospel doctrine, etc. Think of all the books we've been through all these years and the things we've gleamed. What they are offering me is not new to me at all. Besides the fact that marriage and divorce takes on a deeper meaning to us.

So I'm glad I figured it out. Will I keep going? I don't know. I'll take it week by week.

No comments: