Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Testimony

The gospel is everything to me. It's everything I am. It’s how I define myself. As I read the scriptures every night, the pain of my day is swept away. I’m sure of its truthfulness. As in times past the Lord has chosen prophets to lead his work on the earth. Today the prophet is Thomas S. Monson, but it was Joseph Smith who was first called in this time, this dispensation to RESTORE the truth. The reformation was not enough. Confusion still reigned. When I think of the knowledge that Joseph Smith brought back to the world I cannot give it up. I cannot give up that I will see my father who has passed on again. I cannot give up eternal marriage, baptism’s for the dead, revelation, priesthood authority not only in the church but in my home, and especially The Book of Mormon. Every time I read that book the Spirit tells me it is true, the doctrine is true, the people who lived it are real. There is greater joy and peace and knowledge to be had not only in this life, but in the next. Of this I know and bear witness of.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Beautiful, Becky! I feel the same way. I am SO SO GRATEFUL to have the restored gospel in my life!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. They always make my day. :)