Saturday, July 7, 2012

Life in a Nutshell

1.  I just got home from my first 3 hours at KMart working for Olan Mills trying to sell photography shoots.  I make 9 dollars an hour and every Tue and Wed OM is closed.  If I don't sell anything with in an hour and a half I get sent home, then only get to work that many hours next WEEK.  Crazy huh?  I was struggling with my feet killing me and not really enjoying it but also needing money so badly.

2. I'm on unemployment which is only 161.00 a week.  Not enough to pay the bills, but I am again getting food stamps.  I'm some what concerned with work in the fall.  If G. my little charge from last year moves to Buhl or Twin they have to go with a different company.  There are jobs in Gooding, but it is like an hour a way.  NOT fun!

3. Mr. 64 or scary Gary as I've been calling him (that date I had) did call me back on the next friday to see if I found a ward to go to, but luckily I was at the Department of labor, so really couldn't carry on a conversation.  I told my family about it and the advice was to take charge of the date, set some boundaries of what you will and will not talk about as all that was inappropriate.

The guy from Tennessee has been trying to message me via FB everyday.  He's very flirtatious and I find it annoying.  I un-friended him yesterday.

I got back in touch with the military guy who was all lovey-dovey.  I told him I was not interested in anyone who was not LDS.  He said he was a Mormon and I knew he was just saying that and that now I could not trust him.  He came back with a angry reply so that is over before it began. 

4. I spent last week in Meridian ID where 6 of the 7 kids gathered.  It was lots of fun!  We ate dinner every night at a family members home who lives there, talked and laughed till it got dark every night, then planned the next day.  There was no pressure, so assignments,  just relaxing fun.  We floated the Boise River.  I stayed with mom and so did my oldest sister, her daughter-in-law and her 3 kids.

Sarah brought her new dog Pepper,  I had my 2 dogs and of course there was Sadie the 13 year old Golden Retriever.  It was fun with them all.

We met Melissa's new soon to be husband Griffin.  Marriage on August 11 in the Las Vegas Temple.  The first kiss was there, the proposal was there and then the marriage.  Coolest story ever.  We also met Jessica's boy friend Chad.  

There will be pictures forthcoming.


5. I'm back to living alone.  Yentl moved out and I really need a roommate. I've advertised on Craigs list and I only get scammers which now I don't  respond to.

6. I met with my stake president about a lack of a SA program and he said that he doesn't know what to do with the 30 to 50 group.  I gave him some ideas, some info, etc.  He said I was inspired to come to see him.  I've been thinking about doing that for 3 weeks.   Who know what will happen.

No comments: