Monday, April 16, 2012

The Wonders of Idaho - Balanced Rock

Balanced Rock is just a short 6 miles from the small town I work in. The day I planned to go see it (sometime in Feb), it happened to snow, so hiking it was not an option. The picture up above is the view from the street.  I was shocked at how small it seemed.  I expected something like Arches in Southern Utah, but there it is, just one little question mark shaped rock that is balanced. 

Each closer picture is taken with my zoom lens. 
The sign is so old and across the street from the parking area. 

This was the road I had to take to get there and back.  It's a strange drive, from flat land with lots of cows, to windy roads surrounded by rocky cliffs. I was a little worried that I might get stuck or slip all over the place and end up hurting my car, however I did just fine.   
 I took this picture to show you how rugged the rocks are.  I thought it was beautiful and looked so fun to climb and explore.  I'll go and explore another time and when I do, I'll post them here.


No comments: