Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I decided to keep the name of my blog.  I thought for a moment today to change it to something totally different than the options I gave because it was a new year and hopefully a new day for me, but.... For now its sticks.

In accordance with my posts about allternatives to new years resolutions, here is what I've decided to do:

Miracles: 
A.  a temple marriage for me
B.  A family (babies) 
C.  My nephews and niece who have lost their way to gain a testimony if lost and reorder their life in accordance to gospel truth.  AKA:  get their butts to church! 
D.  Get out of debt completely!

I remind the reader and myself that these are suppose to be miracles- the impossible!

A Word:  "Seek"

A Phrase: If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, I seek after these things.

2011 Accomplishments: 
obtained a job within 2 weeks of moving to Nampa Idaho
obtained a much higher paying job in Twin Falls after looking for months
Made friends with neighbors in Nampa
Took a family to church and helped them learn about the gospel and even did a little marriage counseling 
Added a temple to my list of one visited and done work in
Went to a 'Pattern Changing" class and learned about boundaries and rights
Shopped at a lot of thrift stores 
Kept my dogs Parker and Coco
Started reading The Book of Mormon again
Continue to maintain long distance friendships 
Continue to offer help to others via knowledge and random acts of kindness as they come up.
Participated in The Book of Mormon Forum


Maybe it doesn't sound so unique or special, but it is what it is and who knows maybe to the Lord some of them were great things and I'll see that in the next life.

Thank you to all my friends and family who so lovingly helped me with emotional support and money over the last 8 months.  I couldn't of done it with out you! 

The tragedy of life doesn't lie 
in not reaching your goal.  
The tragedy lies in having 
no goal to reach. 
-Benjamin Mays  

“The Book of Mormon is the best guide to learn how well we are doing and how to do better. . . . The doctrine and the valiant examples in that book will lift, guide, and embolden you.  . 
- Henry B. Eyring

3 comments:

Christy Jones said...

I love your Miracles! I hope they happen.

Jon said...

Wiw what beautiful miracles you have been a part of. I hope that your ones for this yer come true, ill keep you in my prayers.

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Opps, jon is me, i forgot to log out of my hubbys account