Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Years Resolution Anyone?

I never make new years resolutions.

When others would talk of them I would feel guilty, but not anymore.  I just don't give them the meaning others do and thus they loose any reaction- positive or negative from me.  If people are successful or not - it wasn't because of the resolution- it wasn't.  It was because they wanted it really badly or they didn't want it bad enough. 

 But I have learned about other ways to work on making oneself better.  Check out some of these ideas.

1.  Come up with a word to focus on for the year.  You can read about it here.
Then click on the title of the blog and you can see what word she chose for this year.

2. Look back over your life and make a list of things you did right this year! Read about "setting goals backwardshere!

3. No link for this one, but it comes from Annette Bowen.  She comes up with a scripture or a quote or phase to focus on.  One year I think it was something like "take joy" or "find joy" so every situation she was in she'd look for the joy. 

4.  If you're going to make a resolution, then you should know about this idea of quarterly check ups.  See about that here. 




1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Good ideas! :) Happy New Year, my friend!