Friday, December 31, 2010

Lost and Found

(me and the dogs around thanksgiving at my mom's)

On Dec 28th I let the dogs out side at our place to go potty around 9 pm. They really have only been living with us for about a week.Our private road has only 5 homes on it and is up a hill. Parker likes to go off by himself and twice I found him at the one house below us in their yard. I let them out and Coco came in. Parker did not and I just figured that I'd come get him at the neighbors in a few minutes, but I got busy inside and probably 10 minutes had lapped. I went out and started calling for him. I called and called and called. Then Jason came out to help. We walked on the busy road we live off of, but no Parker. I went out again latter than night and cried asking the Lord that is Parker was alive he'd be returned to us.

But we had a problem- Parker did not have his color and identification on. The jingling of it, wakes Jason up, so we had taken it off. He has been sleeping for 2 days and there was no need to put it back on. We also had seen a coyote go through our yard and 3 coyotes together just 1/2 mile from where we live. There had been so many lost cat signs recently and we had heard stories of people seeing coyotes with dead cats in their mouths walking down the street. I was afraid Parker had been grabbed by one of them and was dead in a cave being eaten by those dog like creatures.
I knew it was that or someone had picked him up and he was nice and warm in a house with a dog lover. The next evening we made signs and I started to post them around our place. We called the Humane Society that is just down the street from us and told them we were looking for a Japanese Chin. We didn't get then all out, but I knew we had to get one to Arrow Wood Animal Hospital. This place had been around for Decades. This place is great because they are open all night for emergencies which I have used once with Coco. We didn't get the flier there till Thursday night. Friday morning we got a call saying that Parker had indeed passed through there and was now in the custody of the County Animal Control. We called, we looked up times to come and get him and there he was in DOG JAIL. We posted bail at $45 and took him home. He has had a few exciting days. I was thinking I was going to have to write a "Ode to Parker" post if he had heard nothing from anyone. All his cute ways and antic's were running through my mind. So here is a few pic's of him. The still photo's don't do his personality justice, but..... Maybe I can explain.
Neice Grace with Parker. When Grace is around Parker is a girl, because he's so cute!
Parker in August with the "cone of shame" after 2 surgeries on his ear! He looked like a pioneer.
At Christmas time with a new teady bear and our matching red snowflake clothes.

Parker loves to hump Coco.
Parker gets so excited when I come home that he stands on his back legs and paws with his front sometimes almost scratching me.
Parker rarely barks, but when he does it's pretty funny sounding.
Parker cansound like a goat.
Parker cries or squeeks.
Parker loves to have his back scratched and his tummy checked out for sores.
Parker has skin issues and almost always has sores on his body.
Parker loves to sleep with me or mom.
Parker just looks up at me when he wants something like food, or outside or attention.
Parker will look, see me on the computer and know I'm not available and so will walk away.
Parker is just a silly dog with 14 teeth missing and an extra long and curved tongue.
Parker will kick your ear if he is really happy with you.
Parker often likes to sleep on his back with his legs up in the air.

1 comment:

Christy Jones said...

I am so glad you found him and that he was o.k!! I really felt for you when you said he was lost!