Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas in Seattle

These pictures are from the Seattle Center. Inside one of the buildings, is a large food court and a space for music performances and dancing. It was here, that I danced the polka with friends before I was set apart to be a missionary in 1993. That friend I danced the polka with was my brother-in-law when I came home 18 months latter. At Christmas time they have this darling town up with a a train. I love all the little people doing different things and the buildings that look so authentic. I could of taken so many more pictures.
The picture below I did not take, but I wanted you all to see the tree on top of the Space Needle.
The Christmas Space Needle and the moon. A picture that I did take. It costs 18 dollars for adults to ride up the elevator to see the 360 degree view, unless you areagoing to the rotating restaurant, then the ride is free and you get to go to the observation deck. Jason and I had dinner up there last Saturday night. Our landlord always gives us 100$ each Christmas. This time it was in the form of two 50 dollar gift cards to the restaurant up there. We had see food everything- appetizers, soup and king crab legs. I'd never done this before and it was nice to do this with Jason. On one "side" of the needle they had fake snow outside. We didn't know it was fake at first until the waitress told us. It looked so cool, eating, looking out at the city lit up and seeing snow.
At the restaurant they have a photographer come around the take a complimentary digital photo that you can have emailed to you and/or bought down stairs. We'll I had it mailed to me, but don't think I ever got it.
The carousel at the Seattle Center
Definitely a room with a view!


No comments: