Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Anniversaries

There are a lot of anniversaries associated with my marriage and divorce to Jason.

  • May 14 and 15 2011 is when I left Washington. 

  • August 5th 2011 divorce final. 

  • January 2012 I finally stopped talking to him on the phone.  I wish I had stopped much sooner.  Everyone told me to, but I felt bad for him.  I was thinking he might be my only chance at marriage.  It was that one counselor here that caused me to finally do it.  The first time I met with him as I told him everything he said: "Cease and Desist"  and that was that.  I went home and blocked him.  Life got better after that. 

Two of these first anniversaries are over and I'm glad.  It will get easier and easier the further away it becomes.  While I have the debt he left me to always remind me and keep me from spending money on happier things, I hope that the credit cards will be done by the 5th anniversary.  Due to the generous birthday gift I was able finish paying off one. Three left.  That will be the year (5 years after) I could be an ordinance worker again if I wanted to.  I'm sure by then, the emotions will be in the past, gone and dead. They still come up and not everything is tied to him.  There are other people involved too, but it continues to get better.

No comments: