Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Change in Venue


I'm currently in Boise Idaho finding a place to live and work- By myself! I've left Jason and we are divorcing. It has been a difficult decision, but I have been SO unhappy the whole marriage. I cannot support myself there in the expensive Seattle area. I will be moving with my mom next weekend, but not moving in with her. I'm taking my dogs, thank goodness. I'm so glad to have them in my life! I love them. My sister Cindy lives in Meridian with her husband and 2 daughters, the boys are married. My brother Mark and his family of six kids with only 4 at home is here in Nampa. So I will have family here to support me in this difficult time. I know I'm doing the right thing. It's been a long time coming, but I just haven't had the courage to do it. The support of family and friends has been immense. I never expected to be divorced, at 38 and 39 years old. But it's better than being miserably married.

My mission president was right- it goes in this order:
  • Happily Married
  • Happily Single
  • Miserably Single
  • Miserably Married
I have hope that someday someone will come into my life that is the right person, but I know that I need to wait at least a year to date to heal from this wound that has been the hardest thing in my life to date.

3 comments:

Janie said...

Oh Becky, I'm so sorry to read this. I hope things get better. Let me know if you need anything.

Christy Jones said...

look at all that sunshine you lucky girl! I am going to miss having you close by even though we didn't get together as often as I would have liked! Good luck on the job hunt!!

Kathy said...

I know I'm not right there with you, but please feel the thoughts and prayers I'm sending your way. Best wishes as you adjust, and for your future too.