Saturday, April 23, 2011

Names


Emmanuel, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Stem of Jesse, Mighty One of Jacob, Servant of the Lord, the Messiah, the Messenger of the covenant, Redeemer, Holy One of Israel, Blessed of God, Son of David, Son of Abraham, Son of Man, Jesus of Galilee, Jesus of Nazareth, Son of God, Nazarene, Only Begotten of the Father, The Lamb of God, Meek and Lowly, Prophet of Nazareth, King of the Jews, Savior , Mediator, Light of the World, The Bread of Life, The Good Shepherd, The Way, the Truth, the Life, The true vine, The Rock of our Salvation, The first fruits of them that Slept, The forerunner, Advocate with the Father, , King of Kings, Lord of Lords, The Living Stone, The deliverer, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the Word, The Almighty, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, the Lamb, The bright and morning star, The Mighty One of Jacob.

Song Lyric's by Cheri Call
Names

He’s been known throughout time by so many names,

Creator of worlds and ruler of all, And I do not disagree with the ones I have heard like the first and the last, and Wonderful. Eternal and Endless, Provider and King. And his Majesty.

But when I think of the hundreds of prayers that I’ve prayed There are so many more that I’d add to these, like

Mathematician, concert Musician, Master Physician, and listening friend, who knows all about cars and my fragile heart

So the best name would still have to be Heavenly Father.

When I’m helping a friend he has sharpened my mind, When I’ve asked that my lips could say all the right things. He can part the red sea and still keep me from shaking, when I pray that my hands will hit all the right strings. He has always been there to handle the big things, but he can still find a way To help me with tricky equations and dark twisty highways And children with fevers, I know I can pray to the

Mathematician, concert Musician, Master Physician, and listening friend, who knows all about cars and my fragile heart

So the best name would still have to be Heavenly Father.

And isn’t it just what a father would do, Helping his Children with all that he knew, And then using his wisdom to stop back sometimes

On some of the answers we’re just meant to find for ourselves.

So we can be mathematician, concert musicians, mothers, physicians, and listening friends,

And we can learn about cars, and we can heal broken hearts,

With the love that we learned firsthand, From a Heavenly Father.

No comments: