Saturday, February 11, 2012

Burnt Toast and Spilled Ink

Here are a few of my small trauma's of just this last week. 

It was time for some new black ink.  Found the local 'cartridge world' in my town of 44K.  Had it refilled. Brought it home.  Changed from my black pants into my pink plaid flannel pajamas and opened the ink up.  It promptly spilled all over my hands and of course my pink PJ's. 

Next day I bring it back.  The ink people clean my hands with alcohol, and give me a new one.  I go home, open it up and it promptly spills, this time just on my hand- the other hand.

I go back again, thinking I'm going to ask for my money back and go somewhere else. I'm told it's just that it comes all the way from the east and so there's air and not that much ink as been lost.  He puts 2 layers of tape over it and I bring it home.  I have every intention of putting it in the printer, but lets face it, I'm apprehensive. I wait 2 days, open it up and see that this time it's spilled inside the plastic bag and just a finger is black.  AHHHH!  You have got to be kidding me! 

Third time a charm isn't convincing me.  I'm getting my money back! 

Sunday I decide to make grilled cheese sandwiches.  I did.  Then I got on the computer and forgot.  I remembered when it was everlastingly too late.  The place in Bellevue I lived had an OVER SENSITIVE smoke alarm.  The fan's permanent home was on top of the fridge as close to the detector as possible so when it went off, all we had to do was plug it in.  Here there is no smoke detectors.  I remembered and there was smoking filling the kitchen and my grilled cheese was as black as I'd ever seen before in my life! I don't think even my dad would of eaten this one!

Lessons?  Maybe call your landlord and have them put a smoke detector in.  Maybe don't leave the stove when your cooking?  It will probably take an explosion for me to learn that one.  As far as the ink goes- screw recycling and saving money and just get what you need.  The earth will be renewed and receive it's paradisaical glory anyway!  (see Article of Faith # 10)

Black is beautiful, but this is ridiculous! 

No comments: