Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Talking. Spring.

I've been staying at the McOmber's home with the 4 kids while Amy and Howard are away on a 2 week vacation to my dream trip: Australia and New Zealand (Jerks). I sleep over, get the kids up for school, make lunches and complain to myself about what slobs they are. Then be there for them when they get home from school, make dinner, etc. I'm playing mom. They get back Friday. It's Tuesday night right now.

Last night I had a dream that Gregory(15) started to speak. He did it while they were gone and I was here. In the dream he was developmentally talking at about the age of 3 or 4 year old with out autism (didn't sound like a robot or echolalia) I told Justin (12) and Heather (8) about it that morning. Justin said he'd had dreams like that too. After the first one you realize it's not real (Guess he's had more than one). Justin then said that he likes his brother the way he is because he can't get annoyed at him. It's good to like things the way they are. I still wish he would start talking though. It would be such a blessing. He'd have a long way to catch up if my dream came true. I've known teenage boys that were educationally little boys and they can get annoying, so maybe it is a blessing.

It's spring now, and while I was tired of the rain and snow, the warm weather always brings feelings of.... How do I put this..... Well, it feels something like this: The weather is great but I have no one to share it with. No one to be with in the sun. No one to go to the lake with, to sit outside on the lawn and talk. There will be days and evenings when I'll wish for a friend, a special friend to share it all with. I don't and it will ache and frustrate the you know what out of me. I'll also wish that I could replace this lack of a special friend with just a good girl friend, but that won't happen either. So I'll suffer through with out and alone.

How to get through?
Hope and Keep Busy.

Echolalia: the uncontrollable and immediate repetition of words spoken by another person.

No comments: