Saturday, February 5, 2011

Looking Into Eternity

Tuesday Jason received his Endowments at the Seattle Temple. After it was all over and we were in the Celestial Room the worker that helped Jason wanted to show him the sealing rooms. We went up there and he had us look into the mirrors that look like this:


You can see by looking into one mirror and the mirror in the back that reflect off each other hundreds of times both ways. The symbolism is that we are eternal. We have a past and a future that is eternal.

Well I was bending all around trying to see me as I was holding Jason's hands. All I could see of me was the here and now. Jason I could see going on and on. I got a message from that. We don't really know our future, how long we will live on this earth, what will happen to us why we are here and how and when we will die. We can live a good life and have some idea of how our next life will be. But I could see Jason going on and on. I guess that means that I don't need to worry about myself, but I'm here to be a "help meet" for him to get to where he wants to be and where I would like him to be. I didn't ask Jason if all he could see was me, but if so it would be the same message for him. It's kind of beautiful, isn't it?

The savior said to forget about self and serve others and when you do you find your self. That's the message - help people! I see it every where in the scriptures.

Help meet:
IE a helper suited to, worthy of, or corresponding to him.
Moses 3:18; Abr. 5:14. TG Marriage, Wives.


The temple is the great symbolism of our membership. - Howard W. Hunter

1 comment:

Christy Jones said...

Congratualtions to Jason! I really your perspecive on eternity, very interesting!!